Monday, July 9, 2012

You Can Beat City Hall



Well in this case, Amherst Town Hall.

So I had my 10:00 AM appeals hearing with Town Collector Claire McGinnis and gave her my story: No signs at the behind Town Hall hidden parking lot to inform us hapless motorists that parking enforcement is until 8:00 PM rather than 6:00 PM as it is in the more prominently located lots in front of Town Hall, with accompanying large signs prominently displaying those 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM hours.

So she voided my ticket received on a gorgeous Friday night 6:05 PM on my way to the truly tasteful Taste of Amherst.  Guess now I do not have to create a "I hate parking in Amherst" website....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still wondering what recourse we have if there is a malfunction in the new and "improved" meter-less parking system that doesn't issue receipts. Oh that's right..there is no recourse because "they" can do no wrong.